$5000 Hiring Incentive! Home Daily! $65,000 Average Annual Salary!
UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, e-commerce retailers, and food service customers. Drivers are vital to our organization because they work diligently delivering customer orders that feed and nourish millions. We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Deliver conventional and specialty products to UNFI’s corporate and independent retail stores in various states across the state and Country.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures as outlined in UNFI Drivers’ Handbook and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (DOT).
- Perform required vehicle safety inspections before, during and after dispatch.
- Comply with federal hours of service requirements.
- Correctly execute daily log and trip report.
- Immediately report all accidents involving company equipment to appropriate manager.
- Comply with Federal and State mandated traffic laws and established company safety procedures.
- Maintain basic familiarity and compliance with FMCS regulations.
- Maintain schedule of deliveries per dispatch instructions.
- Valid Class A CDL license.
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience or 1 year experience with proof of graduation from an accredited commercial driving school.
- Clean driver record.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift cases weighing up to 90 pounds in the event of a customer assist delivery.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.