Working together, supporting your team, reaching for the best in a high-volume, high paced environment is second nature to you.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Retail Manager 2 for Howard University,a long standing showcase account located in Washington, DC. This is a full service Sodexo account with large retail operations. This Retail Manager 2 must be a team player, provide excellent customer services, execute and adhere to brand standards, and lead a team while maintaining a clean and safe environment. A proven track record and solid retail experience is a must.
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for all of the daily food operations for their full-service Retail Cafe. Responsibilities will include: cash handling/management, marketing/signage, training, ensuring proper operating standards, ordering, safety audits, some HR functions, direct customer interaction and supervision 45 union hourly associates.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations in multiple Food Retail venues.
- deliver high quality food service while engaging with students;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment;_and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have at least 2-3 years food management experience with a focus on front of the house retail operations,
- has strong understanding of POS systems, cash handling management and computer software
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only for internal candidates as external candidates won’t have this knowledge
Learn more about Howard University by visiting https://home.howard.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.