You are a strategic, innovative facilities manager ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo is seeking a Global Sustainability Manager for the Colgate-Palmolive Global Service Account.
The Global Sustainability Manager will support the growth and development of Colgate-Palmolive's sustainability efforts while leveraging Sodexo’s resources and expertise. You will manage energy projects, lead & deliver zero waste initiatives and certifications, and bring industry trends & innovations to the global partnership.
- Drive energy reductions_ through project management _from project selection_to kick-off with local teams until full implementation.
- Focus on zero waste efforts and green building strategies_ and projects to guide sites in different countries through TRUE, WELL & LEED certification processes.
- Provide consistent policies and practices across sites, including Best Practices implementation.
- Drive engagement and visibility_ around sustainability, ensuring sustainability is a key element of a Sodexo's services to the client and identify where to focus our efforts.
- Report timely and accurately_ to Global Client on progresses and roadblocks towards the determined roadmap.
- Provide operational strategies, secure approvals, report and utilize data into client’s larger sustainability initiatives and reporting (GRI, CDP, etc.).
- Liaise with Sodexo’s internal functions (Better Tomorrow Committee) to further integrate sustainability.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Global Sustainability Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Excellent project management skills_, providing services on strategy and solutions.
- Proven ability to independently manage complex multi-sites projects and get senior leadership support.
- Experience building external and internal strategic relationships_with demonstrated ability to influence decision makers and make things happen.
- Well organized and strong communicator_ that can engage cross functional Sodexo team and the client in achieving a shared vision for sustainability.
- Create innovative solutions_ underpinned by robust business cases to mitigate multifaceted challenges.
- Accommodate change and adapt accordingly, _receiving requests and proposing solutions positively and proactively_.
- Think holistically_ while considering various interdependencies.
- Strong knowledge of current topics related to energy and sustainability: energy management, zero waste, circular economy principles, materiality assessments, green building, behavioral change, etc.
- Experience with program such as: Energy Star Portfolio Manager, ISO50001, TRUE, LEED, WELL.
- Knowledge of GRI, CDP, Science Based Targets and other sustainability reports, standards, and frameworks.
- Certifications: CEM or CEA, LEED AP and/or TRUE, with an understanding of other regional certification programs.
- Depending on where the selected candidate is located. Can be USA, Europe or South America. The scope of responsibilities is global, through 35 sites in 24 countries. Role will require up to 25% travel.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
- Basic Management/Supervisory Requirement: 5-10 years
- Basic Functional Requirement: 5 years in facility management, energy management, manufacturing, project management or related fields
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Directs, designs and implements external and internal engagement plans to support Sodexo's brand and strategy including sustainability, wellbeing and community development, and coordinates efforts with departments focusing on health and wellness, diversity and ending hunger and malnutrition. Identifies, establishes and manages relationships with nongovernmental organizations, trade organizations and other stake holders groups. Monitors and tracks internal and external activities to demonstrate ROI. Provides corporate citizenship publications, public speaking forums and works with the corporate communications teams on media relations. Serves as a spokesman including delivering speeches and presentations to internal and external audiences. Coordinates activities including communications for special events such as Earth Day, World Environment Day and other events