Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well - being.
As a Field Based Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick - up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct member assessments if needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must live in Maricopa, AZ
- Must have resided within the local community for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to be in the field 60% and home based 40%
- Experience with outbound calls to members, Physician’s, Pharmacy, Providers or similar medical facility
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send & save utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in social work and / or healthcare administration
- Field Based experience
- Community Health Worker (CHW) Accreditation
- Experience working in Managed Care, Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse
- Knowledge of AZ Medicaid & Medicare population
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to work in multiple systems and applications to complete daily tasks
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, using hands to conduct outbound calls, sitting and standing, getting in and out of vehicle repetitively, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, field based, customer service, healthcare, patient interaction, field based, advocacy