Content Partner Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 26, 2020
Role Number: 200177837
The Apple TV Services Teams What happens when the world's most innovative engineers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more - including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they've engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible. Areas of work include macOS/iOS Engineering, Full-Stack Engineering, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Commerce Engineering, and Engineering Project Management. As part of a team, you will work closely with our partners to migrate the Apple TV app onto new platforms. This role will collect and understand the requirements for new platforms, clearly communicate those requirements with the larger team, and help manage the pipeline of new features and issues being reported. As issues are reported you will engage with partners to investigate & debug issues, help to resolve problems , provide solutions and triage appropriately. Manage the technical engagement with our partner platforms Help with initial app bring up on new platforms First line debugging and triaging of issues Collaborate with internal and external engineering teams to communicate requirements, issues, and resolutions
- 2 to 6+ years experience with video technologies including HTTP live streaming
- You have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, design, performance, debugging,..)
- Strong experience with data interchange formats such as XML, JSON Experience with Objective C and Swift.
- You also have experience with iOS and tvOS app development and release
- Comfortable using a shell environment and common system utilities such as ssh, grep, tail
- We value experience working with QA/QC, issue tracking and documentation
- You have the ability to work with and lead multiple projects and timelines, so time management will be crucial.
- You love collaborating under tight deadlines and tackle problems with imaginative and elegant solutions.
- You are excited about reaching millions of users across our many platforms
- You bring an affinity for Apple Media Products and digital content, in general.
- Strong communications skills
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Problem solver
- Experience with multi-platform development (Linux, Android, embedded)
- Understands the full video stack, including HLS and content protection
Engage with external partners as they integrate their content with Apple TV App, and other Video features. You will provide support to external partners by investigating issues and help to provide solutions for integration. Evaluate partner video streams, and serve as liaison to internal video groups to help problem solve. Responsible for reporting vendor progress and tracking issues to resolution. Responsible for tracking vendor feedback on new feature requests. You will work with a team of engineers who are passionate about building new technologies and tools.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience