Coach, Dual Language Learner
June 24, 2020
Puget Sound Educational School District seeks a Dual Language Learner Coach for Early Learning. The DLL Coach will provide coaching and training to teachers and sub-contractor staff in Head Start and/or ECEAP programs around effective supports for English Language Acquisition as well as means to support home language growth. This position will serve on an inter-disciplinary team to provide a child and family centered, equity-based and differentiated supports based on a whole-child approach to Early Childhood Education. Use of a practicebased coaching model and the use and interpretation of data will be a regular part of practice to help build teacher/staff capacity and to inform continually improving community early learning outcomes.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington's K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, OR in unrelated field and 15+ credits in Early Childhood Education (Associated Degree related field OR unrelated field and 15+ credits in Early Childhood Education and progressively responsible job-related experience may be equivalent to BA degree); and
- Professional experience mentoring, supervising, coaching, and/or providing technical assistance in early learning programs.
- Knowledge of or experience working with English language learners;
- Knowledge of community resources;
- Experience working with children ages birth-preschool;
- Head Start, Early Head Start, ECEAP or other state funded preschool experience;
- Experience providing group and/or staff training; and
- Knowledge of or experience working with specific populations of children (ie English language learners, children with disabilities, children with challenging behaviors, and/or mental health concerns).
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Full-Time, year round
Salary: $63,558-$73,708 (Salary Band H)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, July 12, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for July 30, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System (http://bit.ly/psesdfasttrack) and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057