Leads the Health System in the improvement of patient quality outcomes and the utilization of physician best practices. Provides leadership and direction to the Medical Staff. Plays an important part in the strategic planning process by identifying areas for growth and ensuring physician hospital integration of clinical services. Takes an oversight lead in the implementation and management of clinical information systems.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Leads the growth and development of the Physician Enterprise primary and specialty care services, including network development and physician recruitment. Leads Information Technology initiatives and integration from the Medical Staff perspective. Promotes a culture that embraces a fully integrated approach to the delivery of services between nursing, management and Medical Staff. Works with the Medical Staff leadership and management to identify appropriate development of Medical Staff leadership positions within the organization.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and maintenance of a Physician Hospital Organization (PHO) structure.
- Assures that all program planning and development activities relating to clinical services involve all components of the delivery process.
- Integrates evidence-based medicine practices wherever possible, building this into new and existing patient care delivery systems.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Vice President of Medical Affairs, provides support and assistance to the physician chairs and medical directors in fulfilling their respective responsibilities by developing and prioritizing medical director goals/objectives and work plans which are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- M.D. with a minimum of ten years clinical practice.
- Master's in Business Administration or Public Health preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Extensive experience and exposure to regulatory agencies governing health care delivery.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.