Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 26, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200177806
Software has the power to touch people's lives in transformative ways. It excites you deeply to contribute to and build empowering products and experiences that make a difference. Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Enterprise Technologies Services group as a Solutions Engineer to design and engineer the next version of Apple's global intranet used by all Apple employees to access training, support, device management, and a diverse collection of software applications. The Enterprise Technologies Services team at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer solutions to meet the growing business needs of Apple's public and internal identity management, manufacturing and business integrations, collaboration solutions, and security efforts. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies including server-side Java, web technologies, Cocoa, Oracle and no-SQL databases, machine leaning, and cloud technologies. As a member of the Emerging Technologies Shared Solutions team, you will play a critical engineering role for our in-house intranet platform. You will work with management, project managers, quality engineering and operations to ensure robust and high quality results. Qualified candidates have a software engineering background with architecture, design, and development experience building mission critical applications. Sound judgement and excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills are vital to this role.
- At least 7 years work experience developing internet-facing web applications.
- Extensive experience in building high volume, low latency, scalable distributed systems using Java.
- Ability to engineer software in both Java and PHP with a strong preference towards Java.
- Experience leading complex projects with multiple collaborators in GitHub.
- Engineering discipline to produce high-quality software with an acute focus on testability.
- Proven ability to accurately estimate scope and timelines for multiple projects, always delivering exceptional results on time. Proven track record to balance several high-priority tasks.
- Able to provide technical guidance to contractors and junior team members.
- Must be self-directed, analytical and work well in a co-located team environment.
- Must be local or willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
The IS&T Solutions Engineering team is searching for a talented and creative Solutions Engineer. Our team specializes in building novel solutions across a wide portfolio of use cases. We are passionate about finding new ways to distill complicated workflows into simple, interactive experiences and tools. You will be comfortable working with large & small teams and have intimate experience interacting with the many roles within software organizations. You approach software systems from a user's perspective, working from the desired experience backwards into the technology stack. You have a particular love and appreciation for emerging technologies. You obsess about the details while keeping a project aligned with the big picture objectives. You'll work in a fast-paced, rewarding environment that has tight deadlines and minimal supervision and demands high quality, creativity, and consistency. You will be instrumental in driving the future success of our growing solution portfolio.
Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent industrial experience, is required.