The Services Business Development Lead (BDL) is responsible for understanding our customer's challenges and providing solutions utilizing our Services business suite of offerings to drive sales growth in their assigned territory. The BDL is responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships at key accounts and leveraging existing North America Sales and Distribution relationships with the customer to implement superior solutions that enable our customers to compete in the global market. Successful performance requires a substantial amount of independent interface with Rockwell Automation customers, our authorized distributors, strategic alliance partners, and business unit personnel.
- Provides sales leadership and consultation to clients through transforming and optimizing their manufacturing plant while increasing operational efficiency.
- Collaborates with the sales team to understand the business outcome of services opportunities.
- Creates and executes strategies for selling services to provide an upgraded customer experience.
- Focuses on large, impactful opportunities that align with the regional and territory Services business development plan.
- Launches new service offerings successfully within the assigned territory.
- Drives accelerated growth for strategic services engagements at our industrial automation clients
- Exhibits domain expertise of the services portfolio, focus industries, and applications within assigned geography to create data driven solutions.
- Uses strong business and financial acumen to identify ways for customers to reduce risks and costs.
- Provides feedback to the business unit on local market data and continuous improvement strategies.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel locally greater than 50% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Additional business related degree/experience preferred.
- 8 years prior solid consultative sales experience with proven success in landing complex contract business OR experience with manufacturing/operations
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Experience with systems integration and project management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills translating analysis into key messages and outcomes for customers
- Proven experience working in complex environments; and managing conflicting demands and expectations
- Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies with customer relationship skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Charlotte - North Carolina, Raleigh - North Carolina, Richmond - Virginia
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).