We are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities
Sodexo is seeking a talented and experienced Food Operations Manager 3 to round out our excellent management team at the University at Albany in Albany, NY. T_his position will support a residential dining halls at a state of the art dining program serving UAlbany students on this growing campus!
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Responsible for creating an exceptional student experience which includes, programming, accurate menu labeling and knowledge, training staff on customer service and implementation of all core standards. _
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Food Operations Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations across all campus function areas
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop and support strategic plans;
- act as a mentor to the staff;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure all of Sodexo's Operating Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems and Unit Financial System (UFS), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies