Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions.
It's more than a job; it's a career.
General Description of Duties:
Road Drivers are responsible for the pickup and delivery of cargo trailers to and from various long distance destinations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coupling and uncoupling trailers from one another and from the tractor, driving for an extended period of time, and performing various tasks ranging from check-in, tractor/trailer inspection, tractor set up and the pickup and delivery of cargo. Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Have 1 year of verifiable tractor/trailer experience (Candidates with less than 1 year experience may be eligible for training).
- Have a Class-A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
- Have a good stable work record.
- Have a safe driving record (from MVR and previous employment).
- Be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
- Road Tractors average less than 18 months in age.
- Fully air-conditioned equipment.
- Tractors equipped with power steering.
- Preventive Maintenance Program for all ABF equipment.
- Wages - Teamster Union Scale with over-the-road mileage rate.
- Retirement - Provided through multi-employer pension fund.
- Excellent pension and health benefits for retirees.
- Life Insurance - Provided through multi-employer sponsored health and welfare fund.
- Sick Pay - 5 days per calendar year.
- Vacation - Up to 6 weeks vacation for 30 years of service.
- 401K - Company sponsored program.
- Medical - Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage with no out-of-pocket premium cost to employees.
- ABF Stock Purchase Plan.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.