Battery Algorithm Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 9, 2020
Role Number: 200179046
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this role you will utilize your skills as a validation engineer to develop test plans to validate battery cells and packs for next generation consumer electronic products. In addition to developing strategy and executing test-plans for R&D team, responsibilities include interpreting electronic specifications, developing validation plans and coordinating test execution with the battery lab.
- We are looking for an individual experienced in battery cell and pack testing and characterization
- Familiarity with Lithium-based battery technologies and charging requirements is preferred
- Specific experience with portable consumer electronic products or large format batteries will be an advantage but not a must for deserving candidates.
- Experience with battery cycling equipment, such as Maccor and Arbin
- Experience in Matlab for data parsing and analysis is required
- Background in Battery Management Systems hardware is a plus but not a requirement
- Deep understanding of EE test equipment and use and appropriate application. (Oscilloscopes, meters, data-loggers, power supplies, etc.)
- Familiarity with test platforms such as ATE (automated test equipment) utilizing data acquisition and instrumentation control software such as LabVIEW or similar test scripting is a plus
- Good knowledge of inter-module communications protocols like SM bus, I2C and others.
We are looking for someone who will write validation plans and test procedures to verify conformance to the design requirements based on supplied product specifications.
Responsible for benchmarking R&D technology, includes cycle life testing and HW qualification.
Facilitates execution of test development plans provided by Algorithm engineers
Reviews internal validation data and writes report.
Conducts investigations and prepares reports to support investigations.
Writes plans, co-develops procedures and analyzes data for validation activities to qualify for products.
Reviews and approves design requirements.
Reviews simulations and calculations to verify conformance to the design requirements.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline