Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resource Manager 3 who will direct and support the HR activities for Sodexo at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital which serves the Santa Clarita Valley as well as support to USC Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, CA This role will support multiple departments including Environmental Services with 400 front-line employees. The ability to speak Spanish is Highly preferred for this position. Relocation is not offered at this time.
The successful candidate will have experience in all Human Resource functions, including administration of facility hiring, retention, termination, legal compliance, benefits, worker’s compensation, FMLA, long-term staffing strategies, payroll, and strong understanding of California Labor Law; PHR/SPHR Certification a plus.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work closely with on-site managers to ensure compliance with Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs.
- Create and maintain employees files.
- Execute of all Sodexo and Hospital required HR reporting.
- Maintain employee files ensuring compliance with hospital and Sodexo standards.
- Oversee Employee Relations and Employee retention.
- Address all Sodexo employee relations situations.
- Interact with the client Hospital Human Resource team as necessary.
- Be responsible for all unit level recruitment including job posting and interviewing.
- Facilitate all required Sodexo HR training programs including New Employee On-boarding.
- Lead other human resource initiatives for the unit.
- support other HR activities as needed.
If you have the following skillset, then we would love to hear from you:
- Human Resources experience working in a similar sized and type of industry.
- Ability to lead HR practices and objectives.
- Ability to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity standards, goal attainment.
- Ability to support and promote ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Strong attention to details as well as ability to be successful in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Computer literate in all MS Office products.
- Knowledgeable of California state and federal HR policies and laws.
- Skilled in the area of employee relations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Professional communication skills.
Ability to speak Spanish will assist in managing the workforce.
Learn more about Henry Mayo Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital & USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.