Plains Cotton Cooperative Association
Position Description: Gin Accounting Specialist
To assist in maintaining and enhancing the functions and objectives of the Gin Accounting Department of Plains Cotton Cooperative Association. The position includes the responsibility of supporting and communicating PCCA’s services to its members and their local cooperatives. This position is primarily involved in assisting our Co-op gin customers with the proper and efficient use of PCCA Gin Accounting, Module Tracking, Scale Ticket, and Cooperative Gin Patronage programs.
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting, finance, or agriculture related studies is preferred. Applicants with related work experience will also be considered
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong understanding of proper financial statement presentation
· Strong computer skills, along with practical analytical and problem-solving skills
· Some travel is required
· Train and support cooperative bookkeepers using PCCA’s Gin Accounting software and other gin related systems
· Assist cooperative bookkeepers in basic accounting functions including, but not limited to: general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, banking, inventory/point of sale, and financial statements
· Assist in initial marketing of cotton through scale ticket operations
· Maintain open communication with gin auditing firms
· Support and maintain PCCA’s gin patronage systems including, but not limited to, dividend allocations, equity issuance and retirement, rebates, and §199A allocations
· Actively promote PCCA and the cooperative system and be knowledgeable with all aspects of PCCA’s history and current operations
PCCA is a marketing cooperative owned by farmers in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and New Mexico dedicated to supplying sustainably-grown, high-quality cotton fiber around the world. In addition to cotton marketing based in Lubbock, Texas, PCCA also owns cotton warehouse facilities in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. It develops and offers software programs and networks to local co-op gins that help add more value to our grower-owners' cotton.
Please complete an application and upload a resume at: https://www.pcca.com/employment-application/