Product Design Engineer - Mechatronics & Mechanisms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 16, 2020
Role Number: 200181480
Mechanical engineer to develop mechatronics systems. As a member of a multi-functional design team at Apple, you will help to conceive, design and bring to production highly integrated new products. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- EXPERIENCE IN STRUCTURAL AND MECHANICAL DESIGN
- Understanding of kinematics principles required
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis
- Strong materials knowledge. Good understanding of different materials and grades
- Requires proven ability in detailed part design for a variety of materials (plastic, metal, joining, multi-material, etc.) and functions (structural, cosmetic, dynamic etc.)
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and ability to use statistical
- TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES TO PREDICT BEHAVIOR IN VARIOUS SCENARIOS
- Flexibility and comfort working in a constantly evolving environment
- 3-D CAD SKILLS
You will work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Hardware Engineering, Antenna, EMC, Reliability, Packaging, and Safety.
Education & Experience
BSME or equivalent required, MS Preferred
- Experience in development of Mechanical System Architecture, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Unigraphics proficiency desirable.