Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore is currently seeking a Product Owner to join our Digital Products team at our Corporate Headquarters in Montvale, NJ. This key role will help manage a portfolio of digital products with a best in class digital customer experience. Working with a cross-functional team of business partners, engineering and marketing talent, you will help define high-value product offerings through an agile and innovative product development process. The role requires that the individual be a self-starter with demonstrated skills managing internal and 3rd party teams responsible for innovative product development.
Key Focus Areas:
- Strategy Development - You will play a key role in defining the strategic direction of our various digital platforms, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close contact with key stakeholders
- Voice of the Customer - Thoroughly understand and represent the customer's problems as well as the business's goals and objectives, and represent that point of view on a day-to-day basis across multiple products
- Product Roadmap - Envision, articulate and size new product enhancements designed to achieve a remarkable experience for our customers. Prioritize and manage product backlogs, sprints and releases in agile/scrum workflow in collaboration with the digital and IT teams. Manage, define, design and implement key digital initiatives by understanding business needs and translating them into business requirements for the technology team.
- Communication - Must be able to clearly communicate strategy and goals to project teams. Work closely with Benjamin Moore's technology and design teams to develop new features.
- Data Analysis - Gather and unearth business opportunities through research, data analysis, user experience analysis and testing, competitive research and any other relevant tools. Identify key KPIs for both customer and business impact.
- Partner with business stakeholders, engineering and marketing teams to define the vision, strategy and roadmap for digital products. Must have a passion for being product obsessed and drive the continual evolution of product features based on a data-driven, analytics-based approach.
- Works with business SMEs to identify customer needs and understand the business context
- Works with program leads and defines the program vision and roadmap
- Co-owns program backlog by defining features including acceptance criteria and benefit hypothesis
- Prioritizes the program backlog prior to each program increment (PI) planning session in collaboration with the UX Lead, Tech Solution Lead, Product Owners and Tech Product Owners
- Collaborates with Agile Release Train (ART) stakeholders to align on scope and expectations for the next PI
- Collocates (ideally) with business domain SMEs (e.g., sales, marketing) and customer segment owners
- Coordinates with other POs during weekly PO sync to coordinate dependencies across Agile teams
- Reviews and validates PI's output of working software through acceptance/rejection of features
- Participates in system demo and iteration retrospective
- Works with QA Lead to guide Product Owners and Business SMEs through UAT
- Works with Product Owners, UX Lead, Customer Insights Lead and Customer Segment Owners to participate in and lead user research to identify product enhancements and opportunities
- Experience working with stakeholders, managing expectations and balancing competing priorities
- BS college degree is required. Graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Experience in omnichannel product development - desktop, tablet and mobile product development. Ability to frame solutions with a forward-looking strategic roadmap.
- Strong business and experience mindset with the ability to set strategic priorities
- Proven experience in product development, user experience design, customer journeys and product lifecycle management
- Continuous understanding and exploration of customer's needs
- Data-driven and experience with defining and tracking metrics / KPIs for decision making
- Passionate, empathetic and invested to provide a better customer experience
- Experience with geographically distributed teams
- Working knowledge of eCommerce business domain
- 5+years of experience in Agile as a Business SME or Product Owner
- 4+ years of experience with Agile tools and technologies (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Excellent project management, organizational, time management, judgment, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to coordinate cross-functional resources
- Proven ability to successfully lead and deliver critical, enterprise-level initiatives
- Ability to set and meet long term goals and maintain high-quality work standards.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, effectively prioritize, and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Experience with B2C and B2B Digital Commerce and Marketing Technology platforms (Highly desirable)
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP) (Highly desirable)
See Job Description