Human Factors - Quantitative Data Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200179923
Apple is looking for a quantitative data analyst to perform, drive, and lead analysis of wireless data collected during naturalistic user studies to inform the design and development of Apple products. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
- We are looking for an experienced data analyst with programmatic data manipulation using R, Python, Matlab, or equivalent language to combine and align multiple data streams from various sources.
- Experience with creating and explaining novel data visualizations to advise understanding of complex problems.
- Proficient in creating pipelines and scripting data visualizations for repeated use by internal team members (e.g. using R - ggplot2 or equivalent language/package) to enable distributed and quick turnaround of data analysis.
- You will be highly successful in this role if you are well equipped with an understanding and passion for wireless technologies (e.g., BT, Wifi) at the system level to help guide 'what if' questions when performing data investigations/analysis.
- Ability to work independently and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative environment are highly regarded.
- We believe that ideal candidates will possess an upbeat personality with superb communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and patience.
- This position requires strengths in understanding and contributing to experimental design from which the data is captured, utilizing the scientific method, manipulating/analyzing datasets and streams from different sources, visualizing results effectively, and driving next steps based on the analysis and x- functional discussion.
- It's an added advantage if you are familiar with parsing wireless connectivity logs, link budgets, and path-loss.
- If you have designed user-studies that demonstrate/stress the robustness of wireless connectivity, that would be phenomenal.
As a Quantitative Data Analyst, you will support all phases of product/technology development in the context of wireless connectivity during natural human use. You will be working closely with some of our teams like human factors, antenna, RF, OTA, regulatory, engineering teams, who will look up to you to define, drive, and communicate results that will directly affect and improve the product and end user experience.
We rely on your deep understanding of potential corner cases related to wireless connectivity during natural use
Build novel tools and expand on the current internal capabilities of analysis techniques for processing and handling wireless connectivity data.
Develop statistical analysis and visualization tools to understand and distill the diversity and variability of wireless connectivity between devices during human use to our partners.
Understand the functional questions from internal and cross-functional partners and develop meaningful analysis to inform product level decisions and tradeoffs
Education & Experience
4 years post Bachelor's degree with a concentration or extensive work in data analysis/visualization, statistics, human-centered research, or equivalent.