Product Design Manager - Mechanical Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 16, 2020
Role Number: 200181481
Design Manager to lead team development of mechanical systems. As a leader of a multi-functional design team at Apple, you will help to conceive, design and bring to production highly integrated new products. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Experience in leading engineering teams through entire development process Experience in structural and mechanical design
- LEADERSHIP OF TEAMS DEVELOPING STATIC AND DYNAMIC SYSTEMS
- Development of system and subsystem requirements
- ABILITY TO INTERACT AND GUIDE INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis
- Strong materials knowledge including plastics, metallics, woven and non- woven soft materials
- Strong manufacturing knowledge including joining, wrapping, forming, molding, etc
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and ability to use statistical tools and techniques to predict behavior in various scenarios
- Flexibility and content working in a constantly evolving environment
You will work closely with multi-functional teams including Hardware Engineering, Antenna, EMC, Reliability, Packaging, and Safety.
Education & Experience
BSME or equivalent required, MS Preferred
- Experience in development of Mechanical System Architecture, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Unigraphics proficiency desirable