Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 2 for North Suburban Medical Center HCA, a Level II Trauma Center located in Thornton, CO. For nearly 40 years, North Suburban has served the north metro Denver Community at its location with an unwavering dedication to quality and community. Reporting to the General Manager the Food Service Manager will support Retail Food Service, At Your Request (AYR) Patient Meal Services and Catering Services. The selected candidate will work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
The successful Food Service Manager candidate will:
- evaluate and develop service levels for the Patient Services Program, Retail Program and catering targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- oversee cash handing processes, and POS programming and maintenance;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of 20 non-union hourly associates including employee development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- experience with oversight of diet offices; and/or
- strong management skills, preferably in healthcare.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement