Sr. Software Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200181731
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Imagine what you could do here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay Server team is a rare engineering group within Apple. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. By designing and implementing services that are tightly coupled with hardware, we support the ongoing need to improve security of customer's sensitive data (financial or otherwise) and privacy. Many of our services are seen in the iOS Security Guide and are publicly discussed on Internet forums.
- 8+ years experience in server software programming using Java
- Experienced in designing & developing highly scalable applications, RESTful web services
- Detailed knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Expertise in test-driven development
- Proven track record of successful product delivery
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills across large ecosystems
- Demonstrated ability to think criticality and quickly learn new technologies
- Strong communication, collaboration & interpersonal skills
- iOS and macOS familiarity preferred
- Experience in payment industry is a plus
- Expertise in identity management is a huge plus
- Experience/understanding of security & cryptography is a plus
Imagine the freedom of a startup with the funding and laser focus of the most valuable company in the world. As a senior software engineer on the Apple Pay Server team:
You will participate in initiatives that are essential to the success of upcoming product launches and product security initiatives.
You will get the opportunity to lead a small group of engineers working on product features.
You will develop the next generation of cloud support that powers Apple Pay.
You will be responsible for designing and developing large scale platforms that can support future Apple Pay functionality.
You will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide range of technologies.
You will work collaboratively with Apple's iOS Engineering team, NFC team, security team, and external partners to define the next hot feature of Apple Pay.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience