Location: 6111-GDS of Charlotte
Job TitleAssistant Controller
Requisition Primary LocationCharlotte, North Carolina
Waste Connections is now hiring an Assistant Controller in the Charlotte, NC market & NATIONWIDE!
Tired of busy season and want more work-life balance? Do you have an entrepreneurial drive? Then make Waste Connections your career destination! We hire our Assistant Controllers with the intent of providing not just a job but a long term career track. Â Promotion to the next level and continuous promotion will require relocation.
We operate with an extremely successful decentralized business model that empowers our Controllers to be strategic business partners with Operations. We work hardâ¦. but play harder!Â
We are searching for a high energy Assistant Controller in Charlotte, NC. This would be a position designed to get you ready for a promotion to a District Controller role at one of other locations across the company.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each designated operating location.
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
- Monthly completion of a three-month financial forecast.
- Rate analysis and review.
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities.
- Assisting with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley compliance and review
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
- Special projects as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelorâs Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 Years previous accounting experience required. Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA and/or other professional certifications a huge plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems.
We offer excellent Family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to...
"Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Education:Bachelors: Accounting, Bachelors: Finance