Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager I - Multi Service for McLean Care in Simsbury, CT. This is a Senior Living Community empowered by wellness, inspired by nature, on a beautiful campus in Simsbury, CT. It is filled with boundless opportunities to flourish. This is an upscale 224 Resident Continuing Care Retirement Community with Independent & Assistant Living and Skilled Nursing. Sodexo’s Five Star Dining Services include; Resident Dining, Catering, Meals on Wheels, and a Café.
In this role, you interface daily with our Client and Residents as you manage all dining venues, customer service, standards & quality, food & labor cost controls, and provide strategic leadership to the team. Position manages a budget of $2 million in volume, 2 managers, about 25 employees, the HACCP and Safety Programs, Regulatory Compliance, Five Star Dining Services, and the Training Programs. Work hours vary with some weekends / holidays based on special events.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies; Resilient and able to adapt to challenges and change.
- Passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- Knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- Experience with oversight of diet offices; and/or
- Strong management skills, preferably in healthcare.
- Keen financial acumen to manage both Client & Sodexo budgets and to monitor costs relating to food, supplies, and labor.
- Food Service Director / Contract Manager experience helpful
- Servsafe Certificate helpful and working knowledge of HACCP
- Hands on catering and food production knowledge
- Computer skills; financial, food, and labor management systems
- Success building client and customer service relationships
- Ability to participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team! Apply Today!
McLean Care in Simsbury, CT _http://www.mcleancare.org/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is $5 million or less in managed volume.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention