Maps Business Analysis Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 20, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200181436
Our goal is to provide a highly curated Maps experience to our customers. As part of our globally distributed team, we are looking for a great teammate with the ability to build relationships with geographically-dispersed partners and across all levels leadership. If this sounds like you and you'd like to join an awesome team, we'd love to hear from you. As Business Analysis Lead, you will evaluate and improve Apple Maps. You will collaborate with across teams of engineers, program, operations, finance and other stakeholders on a wide range of problems. You will deliver analyses and insights that influence strategic decisions in the global Maps organization. The position brings leadership, analytical rigor and strong business sense to the challenges of product strategy, development and improvement with an appreciation for end user behaviors.
- Experience managing, leading teams and influencing decision-making across a distributed organization.
- 5+ years of related experience in business analysis, analytics or finance.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization platforms such as Tableau.
- Experience building data warehouse structures and data frameworks for ongoing access.
- Proficient with spreadsheet modeling and presentation applications (such as Keynote).
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Strong organization, and project management skills; ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects while meeting deadlines.
- Curiosity around business results and insights while consistently identifying ways to improve data management governance and processes, reporting capabilities, and cross team stakholders communication
Success starts with proactively building great relationships with engineering, product, finance and operations partners as necessary, to negotiate with stakeholders and to ask others for data or help (in other words, not all data is under your control). Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations. Design meaningful metrics to measure success of maps business processes and devise ways to measure them from various data signals. Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive knowledge of Apple Maps data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for improved product development and usability. Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, product analysis) with effective Keynote presentations. Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of user facing Map data and reduce the cost of creating it. Develop financial models to inform leadership providing trend analyses, forecast recommendations and assessment of risks and opportunities.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in a quantitative field (MBA is a plus)