Industrial Communications Researcher - Advanced Technology
As part of the Advanced Technology Organization, works in close collaboration with Rockwell Automation senior leadership, business units, resource groups, and peer researchers to identify, develop and demonstrate industrial automation communications/network related technologies. Performs front-end technology assessments. Leads development of technology roadmaps coordinating with marketing, business development, business leadership and other functions as necessary. Performs prototyping and demonstrations to support technology transition. Actively collaborates with business and resource technologists as subject matter expert (SME) to support new product development and advantageous enhancements to existing products.
- Identify, investigate and develop emerging communications technologies and related standards that could impact Rockwell Automation businesses.
- Perform technology assessments in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Rockwell Automation's Advanced Technology laboratory on appropriate internal and external committees and boards. Efforts likely include national and international standards committee work.
- Perform literature reviews, hands-on prototyping, experimentation, demonstration and documentation as needed to support assigned work.
- Identify and document intellectual property.
- Develop whitepapers and presentation materials describing how technologies could/will impact Rockwell Automation businesses.
- Become internal SME to internal product development, engineering and sales teams.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Advanced degree OR minimum 5 years of experience in Industrial Communications related job or research.
- Experience in a Research and Development (R&D) and/or Technology Development environment
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Masters degree with research experience or PhD.
- Experience with communications security and related concepts.
- Early stage technology development and transfer experience.
- High emotional intelligence / Demonstrated focus on relationships and collaboration.
- Familiarity with IEEE and IETF standards for Ethernet and IP.
- Experience with wired and wireless communication techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programming languages and techniques (e.g., Python, C, C++, C#, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience prototyping PCBs with MCUs, FPGAs, and embedded network firmware.
- Experience in measurement techniques for communication channels, signals, and EMC.
- Demonstrated ability for abstract thought.
- Experience in front-end technology development and product opportunity identification.
- Ability to lead others through influence.
- Demonstrated project management skills/PMP.
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).