Job Title Administrative Assistant
Department Tax Increment Financing Commission
Summary: To support and assist the Divisions of the EDC, TIF Commission and Industrial Development Authority in its operations by taking initiative, understanding and participating in accomplishment of the organization’s mission.
Essential Job Functions
-Facilitate monthly TIF Commission Board Meetings. Maintain public hearing schedules. Collect and organize
agenda content and assemble with related documents. Distribute or post both hard copy and website meeting
notices, agendas and packets by designated deadlines. Track member attendance to confirm quorum. Schedule
board rooms and caterers and set up venue. Monitor and record meetings. Transcribe minutes and prepare
resolutions. Maintain relative records and logs.
-Management of all legal documents, reports, reference materials, policies, presentations and correspondence relativeto the TIF commission and all TIF Plans or Projects. Ensure accurate and accessible document management procedures including electronic filing and website posting.
-Maintain and update database including document status tracking system, Sunshine requests, Commission policies and procedures, mayoral appointee and taxing jurisdiction representation. Encourage staff to conform to and sustain the established policies and procedures necessary to maintain consistency, effectiveness and efficiency throughout the Corporation.
- Due diligence research for various projects. Research and organize information required for responses to litigation requests, Sunshine requests, Prevailing Wage complaints, issuance of Certificates of Completion & Compliance for TIF Plans/Projects, and various special projects.
-Communication and distribution of information to/from staff, legal field, Commissioners and Taxing Jurisdictions, City Council, developers, and general public in a courteous and timely manner. Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of information by consulting all available resources in the preparation and confirmation of both written and statistical information prior to release, publication, and distribution. Ensure compliance with confidentiality requirements. Remain proactive in alerting respective departments of forthcoming projects in an effort to avoid unnecessary administrative delays.
- Take the initiative to understand key issues facing the TIF Commission, IDA and EDC, and its affiliate agencies in order to be of assistance in correctly answering inquiries and compiling information.
-Maintain confidential information in a professional and ethical manner.
Ancillary Job Functions
-Assist with covering for the front desk, including professionally greeting all visitors and clients, answering the phone and transferring incoming calls in a professional manner and other tasks related to the position.
-Handle travel arrangements and schedules as may be required.
-Assist staff members on special projects as may be required.
-Maintenance of files.
Education and Experience
– An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook required. WordPress strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize in a fast paced environment and work overtime on short notice.
- Excellent written communication skills required.
- Ability to operate office machines such as a photocopier, fax/scanning and telephone, as well as technical programs such as website/videoconferencing, etc.