Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HC FA, and AAHS policies.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides patient education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Provides patient care in the outpatient arena. Inpatient practice is optional.
- Communicates with other physicians about patient treatments/ therapy.
- Takes light telephonic call for assigned practice location group on scheduled days.
- Refers patients to appropriate specialists as necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy. (MD or DO degree).
- Completion of an approved residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Current state license to practice medicine, DEA, and CDS certificates. Board Eligible or Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine. Must also meet the requirements for membership on the Anne Arundel Medical Center Medical Staff.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.