Sensor Digital Design Lead - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 24, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200183042
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The Camera Electronics team develops image sensor and other silicon solutions and technologies for Apple's products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world's best camera experience for our customers. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that furthers engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. The team is looking for an exceptional Sensor Digital Design Lead to join the team.
- You will have 10+ years of digital design experience with image sensors and cameras.
- Be familiar with silicon design methodologies and tool flows. Hands on experience with silicon bringup, characterization and debug necessary.
- Knowledgeable enough in all aspects of sensor usage that they can productively work with and support the camera team.
- Familiar with image sensor manufacturing technology, image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage and integration into camera systems.
- A plus to have familiarity with general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Experience beyond image sensors in ALS, Proximity, MEMS and other sensors is a plus.
Architect and design sensor control and readout schemes. Translate product requirements into sensor specifications. Trade off sensor specific issues against system limitations. Participate in system integration tasks such as interactions with the ISP, hardware, firmware and software teams. Creation of image capture infrastructure to evaluate performance of different sensor technologies. Help improve ERS documents for sensors. Work with internal teams to assure that documents meet needs. Evaluate next +1 gen sensor tech and work internally with cross functional teams to see if they make sense and are worthy of development. Present at meetings on sensor capabilities.
Education & Experience
BS required / MS or PhD preferred
- Some travel may be necessary.