AI/ML - Software Engineer, Home Automation
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 24, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200144886
The Siri team at Apple responsible for the customer facing features is looking for strong engineers who have a real passion for building groundbreaking technology. Our goal is to build unsurpassed artificial intelligence solutions for millions of people. Together we write the software that crafts the Siri experience, define what Siri says and displays, and figure out what Siri can do. As a successful Siri engineer, you will combine strong technical skills with a good product design sense, and are driven to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. If this resonates with you, we would enjoy hearing from you.
- You have 3+ years of software engineering experience
- You have strong Computer Science fundamentals, including familiarity with data structures
- You are passionate about Home Automation, and see voice control as the natural interface
- You possess in-depth development experience with server-side Java (or similar languages) and web services including 3rd party APIs
- You have proven object-oriented programming and design skills
- You're excellent at problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
We are looking for someone with a combination of strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused mindset. Our team builds Siri's knowledge of all things HomeKit/home automation related. If you have a thirst for new technology and wouldn't think twice about spending two hours tweaking the lighting levels to be "just right" for your 'Movie Night' scene, this might be the role for you! We're looking for an excellent teammate who can collaborate with engineers in several technical areas who have built the entire range of Siri's user facing capabilities. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving priorities. Specific Responsibilities Include:
Crafting and implementing user feature interactions and work flow that provide intelligent user assistance for Siri, related customer features
Integrating live service providers using web services
Working with our platform team to define infrastructure interfaces
Working with design and client-side teams to ensure a phenomenal user experience
Working with localization team to support the Siri experience in multiple languages
You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Join the Siri team at Apple.