Display Technology Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200183054
Apple is looking for an energetic, creative and self driven engineer working on future Display hardware/software technologies. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Open minded and enthusiastic about new technologies and prototyping
- Good communication and leadership skills to work with internal and Vendor teams
- - HAVE EXPERIENCES IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Analog design (IC and/or PCB),
- Digital signal processing, image processing, computer graphics
- Display/imaging pipeline,
- Computer architecture, system architecting
- - EXPERIENCES IN FOLLOWING AREA IS A PLUS
- Machine learning and neural network
- FPGA and software/algorithm
- Strong theoretic analysis capability and characterization/modeling experience.
- Strong hands-on experimental ability w/ prototyping experience.
- Define EE architecture for new display technologies to with understanding of system requirement, panel behavior, human perception. - Define detailed specs including the display panel, driving ASICs, software/firmware algorithms and test/calibration procedure. - Demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think out-of-box, and come up to speed quickly in new technical areas. - Analyze the trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost. - Promote innovation and new technology to enhance Apple's display performance and user experience - Pathfinding for new product opportunities.
Education & Experience
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, or MSEE degree plus minimum 5 years work experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.