Are you an experienced manager of plant and building operations? Is it your life’s work to ensure the proper functioning of utilities and maintenance systems so they never go off-line? If so, then we have an opportunity for you!
Sodexo, a global leader in Quality of Life Services Facilities management is growing, again. Our year over year growth continues to create opportunities for career advancement, internally and externally for talented Utilities and Facilities managers who are experienced in plant, building and utilities operations and maintenance.
Sodexo seeks an experienced Facilities Engineering Operation Manager at a pharmaceutical site in Barceloneta, PR. This is a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility to include API and packaging.
The Operations Manager supervises, evaluates, plans, and participates in the day-to-day operations, maintenance and repair of utilities facilities, and their respective plant-wide distribution systems. This position is responsible for supervising dedicated technicians and maintenance employees in all areas of plant, manufacturing and building operations.
Our preferred candidates will have successfully demonstrated knowledge in:
- All aspects of utility systems in a Life Sciences manufacturing environment.
- All aspects of facilities management including plant and building operations and maintenance
- Have a passion for excellence and the ability to manage and lead a team of professionals in continuous pursuit of excellence
- Provide training to staff involved in the use or maintenance of equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Work in a matrix environment of employer and client relationships
- Have an understanding of GMP processes and standards.
- Have an understanding of regulatory, technical, and safety standards.
- Maintain dual budget processes
- Execute engineering projects as assigned to meet technical, budget and schedule goals.
- Manage CMMS systems and processes to ensure 100% reliability of systems
- Prepare or review operation, safety, and maintenance procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Demonstrate the ability to interact well with peers and senior personnel in scientific, engineering, and operational disciplines.
- Ability to work as a member on cross-functional and self-directed work teams.
- Knowledge of reliability engineering and continuous improvement concepts desired.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish & English) is a plus
Three (3) years’ experience as a utility engineer in the Life Sciences industry preferred.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety