Sodexo School Services is seeking a Unit Controller 3 to support The Putnam City and Bethany School Districts located in Oklahoma City, OK.
The position will support 28 sites in all financial aspects which includes: accounts payable, cash management, accounts receivable, accruals, budget, forecasting, financial reporting, trend analysis, and inventory analysis. He or she will also ensure financial compliance and make recommendations to General Manager for improvements. Position may help support financials in other Oklahoma Districts.
The ideal candidate will have a clear working knowledge of Sodexo’s Finance platform.
What's in it for you? Sodexo is the 22nd largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees. Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo!
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset