Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 for Waterman Village located in Mount Dora, Florida. This is a beautiful high end, five star retirement community with a client who expects five star engagement from Sodexo.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
**This position requires passing a Level II background check and will need to be Serve Safe Certified.**
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- will have strong employee, resident engagement and solid customer service skills.
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- a background with catering is preferred.
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and The Market Connection (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have strong employee and resident engagement.
Working for Sodexo in Senior Living allows you to influence the well-being of seniors in specialized facilities, or in their homes, with customized services, and attentive and compassionate care. Your work has a direct impact on the quality of care provided to residents as well as resident satisfaction at our client sites, helping to create a place that feels like home.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies