Sodexo Healthcare has a fantastic opportunity for a highly passionate, experienced, organized, and disciplined individual with a strong commitment to food operations to join our team at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center as a Retail Manager 2.
The work schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 4:30PM – 2:30AM.
Sodexo is an international organization whose mission is to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve". This is a unique opportunity for someone who is hands on in driving results to join a growing health care organization. The Retail Manager 2 will have direct oversight of hourly client employees in two retail operations including the Atrium Cafeteria and Einstein Brothers Bagels. The qualified candidate should be familiar with food service operations and be willing to learn and implement Sodexo systems in conjunction with the rest of the management team. The position will report directly to the Retail Operations Manager. The best qualified candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment. We are looking for an individual with a background in Healthcare and with management experience in a retail setting. The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines and comfortable working in a fast pace environment.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Cash handling/management
- Daily operation standards and closing the operation
- HACCP and safety for regulatory compliance
- Training & development of front line staff
- Direct customer and client interaction
- HR functions (recruiting, interviewing, disciplinary)
- Ensuring quality standards and compliance with HACCP guidelines
- Supervision of 65 client employees
- Employee engagement
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ideal candidate will possess previous experience in hourly employee staffing, scheduling and labor management
- Retail or restaurant background experience
- Excellent customer service skills
University Hospitals is a world-renowned health care network and is anchored by the flagship facility, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. This 1,032 registered bed academic medical center and tertiary-care hospital is ranked by U.S. News World Report as one of America's top 18 hospitals.
Sodexo may require a pre-employment investigation of your criminal conviction history, educational background, past employment, and activities that may relate in any way to your potential fitness for employment. In addition, you may be required to take and pass a drug test or participate in a medical screening, such as TB or respiratory testing, depending on the position and type of unit at issue.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly & supervisory food service workers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers.