CPU Cache Verification Engineer
Portland , Oregon , United States
Posted: Jul 28, 2020
Role Number: 200183497
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort collaborating with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- You should have 2+ years of processor verification experience.
- In-depth knowledge of digital logic design, processor and cache architecture and microarchitecture.
- Knowledge of the multiprocessor coherency and memory ordering.
- Experience with expertise in developing test plans, test benches, C-based transactors, and writing/debugging assembly based tests.
- Experience with advanced verification techniques such as formal and assertions.
- Experience in silicon bringup a plus.
- Should be a collaborative teammate with excellent communication skills and be able to work independently on the verification efforts for a block/area of the design.
As a CPU Cache Verification Engineer owning the verification of a certain level of cache, you will have the responsibilities as follows: - You will work closely with architecture and RTL designers on verifying the functionality correctness of the cache design. - Develop Test plans and unit test environments. Develop tests in assembly, C, or vectors according to test plans. - Develop coverage monitors and analyze coverage to ensure all the test cases in the plans are covered. - Develop checkers or C-base transactor to verify the design. Write assertions and apply formal verification to the design.
Education & Experience
BS/MSEE/PhD is required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.