Do you enjoy a high energy, fast paced environment?
Sodexo is seeking a Construction Project Manager to work on Sodexo’s Chevron Project Management team. This position will be in Richmond, CA. This role will primarily handle a portfolio of projects within the Richmond area. Sodexo is one of the largest, most progressive and most well-respected companies in the world. We are seeking only highly qualified, energetic and successful professionals for this position.
Are You the One?
We are looking for someone with broad experience managing large to small value projects that are often complex in terms of delivery and a professional who is adept at managing the client relationship. Project Managers typically work under the direction of a Senior Project Manager. Project Managers manage a portfolio of projects within their area of responsibility. This will include actual execution of the project and may involve pre-construction planning with stake holders, designers, consultants, clients and other project team members. He or she will develop assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. Interacts with planning commissions and governing bodies. Coordinates costing estimation and is directly involved in the day to day operations of the project. Works with professional employees and supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s). Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plans. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and the client.
- Primary project leader for execution teams on assigned projects.
- Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Communicates positive and realistic expectations to the project team and client.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting key project metrics.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Acts within contract Terms and Conditions.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and executes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Attends and leads job progress meetings as required.
- Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with his or her director or Senior Project Manager for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives.
- Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards.
- Develops cost estimates and sub-contractor scope documents and solicitations for bids.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (or Associates degree with relevant experience)
- Construction/project management experience with new construction, renovations, infrastructure and working in critical environments is preferred.
- Construction/project management working in projects that are adjacent to concurrent operations is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct project management experience in _the Building Construction Industry
- Experience managing MEP projects is a plus.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software, and financial accounting systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of project scheduling and documentation techniques and processes.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point, Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment).
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes. _Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Facilities Construction Project Management. Leads or coordinates construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Can develop entry level project budgets, make project assignments based on skill sets of contractors & vendors, build entry level project schedules and timetables, and lead project responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.