CPU Silicon Bringup Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Role Number: 200183538
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort working with many disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will be a member of a CPU silicon bringup team where your tasks will include reproducing silicon failures on FPGA or Emulators, optimizing FPGA models for speed, creating silicon irritators on FPGA and executing parts of functional silicon bringup plans.
- The ideal candidate should have good all-around hardware (logic as well as board) and low-level software skills.
- Strong understanding of processor architecture.
- Experience with FPGA design and optimization.
- Good understanding of firmware and device drivers.
- Good C and assembly programming skills.
- Excellent partnership and communication. Ability to work with multiple teams in delivering a solution.
In this highly visible and interactive role, your primary responsibilities will be: - Reproduction of silicon failures on FPGA/Emulation. - FPGA model build and methodology for ECO verification. - Develop and deploy tests on silicon as part of bring up plan. - Contribute to design of hardware irritators on FPGA cards to validate features on silicon.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering is required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.