The Senior Finance BI Analyst for the Financial Business Intelligence team is responsible for delivering financial and management reporting for the Finance organization and its partners. This includes understanding information sharing requirements, data sets available, and transforming those requirements into actionable reports utilizing organization preferred technology. The role will be the key liaison between business, IT and finance partners in helping Rockwell to migrate to centralized reporting using Microsoft Azure and PowerBI technology platforms.
- Understand and document Finance organization business intelligence requirements, and deliver reports, dashboards, scorecards, and adhoc analysis that meet user needs and align to the business strategy
- Rationalize existing Finance provided management reports, and reduce duplication across businesses and geographies wherever possible
- Designs, develops and tests Power BI reports, dashboards, scorecards to ensure appropriate use of data sets
- Conducts user acceptance testing for new report development and enhancements
- Understand data definitions and required system security to ensure data is shared appropriately, in compliance with Rockwell's Safeguarding Sensitive Information policy
- Collaborate with Information Technology and Data Analytics & Insights teams to create data sets that meet users reporting needs and to resolve system issues
- Provide change management and training to finance organization as information sharing processes and technologies change, particularly as existing SAP BI reports are migrated over to Microsoft Azure and PowerBI
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information technology and/or business administration
- 5-8 years of experience in finance/accounting with an FP&A emphasis
- Expertise in data analysis and visualization concepts and tools, preferably Microsoft PowerBI
- Working knowledge of SAP, HFM, HP, and Microsoft Office strongly preferred
- Ability to translate technical issues into terms understandable and actionable for different audiences
- Adept at leveraging systems to drive efficiencies and develop creative solutions for reporting needs
- Process improvement focus
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Strong analyticalskills;ability to distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the "story" behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of relevant factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).