Location: 6113-Monroe Hauling NC
Diesel Truck Fleet Maintenance Manager
Monroe, North Carolina
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Diesel Truck FleetMaintenance Manager for our Monroe, NC hauling operation.Â The position will be responsible for directing, monitoring, and improving daily activities of the fleet and shop facilities.
- Ensures adherence to the corporate safety program.
- Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
- Ensures adequate training of mechanics, PM mechanics, and other shop personnel.
- Ensures location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
- Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Discusses maintenance issues, contract, and warranty work with vendors.
- Schedules and assigns work to mechanics and shop personnel.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- Responsible for maintaining departmentâs costs within budget.
- Trains and assists mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times vs. time card times).
- Perform repairs and maintenance on front-end loaders, rear-end loaders, roll off, and other vehicles, machines, or heavy equipment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
- Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division, and district objectives.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills and ability to achieve cost effective solutions.
- 7+ years maintenance experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair.Â
- Ability to train and motivate staff members to meet district objectives.
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Holds or ability to certify for CDL within 90 days of start date.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)Â