Location: Salem | ODOT | DMV - Center Street
Initial Posting Date:07/30/2020
Agency:Department of Transportation
Salary Range:2,754.00 - 4,102.00
Position Title:Transportation Services Representative 1 (Limited Duration) -Bilingual English/Spanish
The first round of screening is scheduled for Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 2:00 pm. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
Transportation Services Representative 1 " Bilingual English/Spanish
Oregon Department of Transportation
Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV)
Field Services Group " Northwest Region
N. Salem, Oregon
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor's Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are recruiting for agency critical positions at this time using virtual tools and processes such as video and phone interviewing to support social or physical distancing. We are also continuing to evaluate the situation and may extend or place recruitments on hold as appropriate. Current applicants for affected positions will be notified. Visit our COVID-19 web page for more information. For information about the statewide response, visit the Governor's COVID-19 web page.
Bring your passion for customer service to ODOT! In this role, you will be responsible for enhancing the image of the department by representing DMV in a professional manner and by meeting customer service expectations while adhering to privacy laws. You will secure the motoring public's compliance to DMV requirements by explaining and interpreting laws, rules, policies, procedures, programs and records. As a team member, you will deliver customer service through person-to-person contact at the counter, over the phone and through written correspondences.
- Please note - This position requires the ability to speak and read Spanish fluently. Indicate your Spanish speaking and reading skills in the language section of your application.
- This is a limited duration appointments that is expected to end on or before 06/30/21. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible and have a designated maximum length of service. This position has the potential to become permanent.
- If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- You will communicate regularly with customers of diverse backgrounds, age and ethnic groups.
- You will perform counter work and assist the public in titling and registering vehicles and obtaining all types of over-the-road permits.
- You will interpret and apply vehicle laws and agency policies and regulations.
- Inspect supporting documents and applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide applicants with driver license study materials and assist them with the application process.
- Administer, correct and explain the law tests.
- Conduct and interpret the vision tests.
- Perform physical examination of vehicles in all weather conditions.
- Produce photo licenses, instruction permits and identification cards.
- Determine and collect appropriate fees for transactions.
- Assist in maintaining sensitive inventory and other office materials.
- Account for documents and monies received; maintain established balance standards; balance receipts at the close of each business day.
- You will conduct driver license examinations, including behind-the-wheel drive tests for regular class C vehicles.
- You may be required to travel and work in other offices in the Northwest Region.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email Recruitment Consultant (see application details).
Whats in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- Work/life balance and 10 paid holidays a year with a competitive benefits packages. Click here to visit our full benefits website.
- Multi-modal ride sharing! Get There is Oregons easy-to-use carpool matching tool and trip planner that will get you where you need to go.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click HEREto subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
- Two (2) years of public contact/customer service experience which includes dealing with the public in-person or by phone providing information about services/programs or explaining/applying laws, rules, regulations/procedures.
- Experience or training using computers to retrieve and input data.
- The ability to type 30 wpm with 90% accuracy. If you are offered an interview, a typing test will be required.
Completion of an associate's degree may substitute for one (1) year of the public contact experience.
You will be required to use a vehicle to conduct business. You must possess and maintain a valid driver license and acceptable driving record. Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What wed like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! Its how we will choose whom to move forward!
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and dealing with stressful situations.
- Experience dealing with angry or hostile customers.
- Experience handling multiple assignments and frequent interruptions.
- Experience effectively communicating with customers or clients.
- Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
How to apply:
- Complete the application.
- Complete questionnaire.
- After you submit your application, be sure to respond to the public records request (PRR) authorization and gender identity question. This screen will come after you submit and will complete the process. If you are an employee, the tasks will come to your Workday inbox.
- If you are a veteran, the task to claim preference will come after the PRR and gender identity tasks. For privacy reasons, please do not attach your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your application or combine it with any other required document attachments. We will ask you for your documents later in the process. If you need time to locate or order your documents from the VA, please contact the recruiter at the phone number or email under the Need help? section below.
- For questions, call (see application details) or email (see application details).
The fine print:
- Warning! The system will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process. You cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move forward, such as your related work experience, your education and the overall professionalism of your application materials.
- If you are a veteran you may receive preference. Click here for more information about veterans preference. If you checked that you are a veteran, we will ask you for your documents later in the process. It is important that you submit your documents as soon as you receive the request. If you need time or need to order your documents from the VA, please contact the recruiter at the phone number or email above. Do not attach your documents to your application when you submit.
- We do not offer Visa sponsorship. If you are hired, you will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Securitys I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.
- Dont attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that we ask for.
- We will use this recruitment to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies as they occur in this unit or location.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Tuesday, 08/11/2020 at 2:00pm, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- We will conduct name-based and fingerprint-based criminal background checks on final candidates under consideration for REAL ID designated positions. Employees in these positions have the ability to affect the identity information that appears on drivers license or identification cards. All applicants may be subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS (Law Enforcement Data System), and/or education verification as required for the position.
- You will be represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
Fax (see application details)
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Applicants with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. For questions, concerns, or complaints regarding EEO/AA/ADA, contact the employee civil rights and diversity manager at 1-(see application details) (1-(see application details)). This information can be made available in an alternative format by contacting ODOT Recruitment at (see application details). Oregon Relay Service can be reached by calling 7-1-1.