Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Employees in this position will work as an extension of medical practices by making appointments, addressing general inquiries, and making referrals.
The ideal candidate for this role is one who enjoys continually adapting to a fast - paced, team - oriented, and goal driven work environment. You must be a strong communicator, respectful and professional in your consumer - facing demeanor, and be an attentive listener in order to resolve consumer issues effectively and efficiently.
Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential in order to successfully communicate with a diverse consumer population and team. You will be required to handle multiple tasks while demonstrating independent thinking and problem - solving skills.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of Monday Friday, 8:00 5:00. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. The clinic is located in Metairie, LA.
- Answer inbound calls from patients and providers regarding appointments and general inquiries
- Refer calls to nurse triage team according to protocols
- Track appointments and document information completely, timely, and accurately
- Make outbound calls to remind patients of appointments or to coordinate resolution of care opportunities with patients, providers, and pharmacies
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
- Escalate transactions when defined by protocols
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy in all interactions
- Demonstrate effective communication through proper tone, pace, volume, grammar, and pronunciation
- Demonstrate courtesy in each interaction
- Control the interaction to ensure each of the consumers inquiry is handled completely and efficiently
- Meets key performance goals established including quality and attendance
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1 + years of telephonic customer service experience or in - person customer service experience, handling moderate to complex transactions
- 1 + years of healthcare experience, including familiarity with medical terminology
- Basic computer experience using a keyboard and mouse and moving between screens
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save spreadsheets)
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and / or medical office
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems and practice management systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify with a consumer in order to understand and align with their needs and realities
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective active listening skills to empathize with the customer in order to develop a trust and respect
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and internally driven to accomplish goals and recognize what needs to be done in order to achieve a goal(s)
- Demonstrated ability to turn situations around and go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your lifes best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, Patient Care Coordinator; Patient Services Representative, bilingual, spanish
View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/