Hardware System Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 30, 2020
Role Number: 200183021
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways! The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a hardworking system validation engineer to join our Engineering Team and work on revolutionary products. This is a validation engineering position that entails working with cross- functional groups including internal design and architecture team to continually open up the boundaries of technology implemented in Apple's products.
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals (analog/digital, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of SOC and its power delivery verification
- Experience with high speed (PCIe, USB, DP, etc) and low speed (I2C, SPMI, SPI, etc) IO validation
- Expertise in a lab environment using high speed oscilloscopes, BERT analyzer, TDR/VNA, power analyzer, etc.
- Strong experience in test automation in lab and also factory and test script development (Python preferred).
- Capable of managing test plan, execution and issue/bug tracking.
- Experience in board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Upon joining our team as a Hardware System Validation Engineer, you will be directly applying your engineering expertise and working with many cross-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love! We collaborate with a large number of groups including: PD, DFM, RF Design, Software, Silicon engineering, HW test, and many others to bring a product from concept to mass production. - You will be responsible for Power and SOC related system-level validation including defining test coverage and working with system EE and x-functional teams for test scopes and demands. You will drive x-functional teams for test station implementation and integration. - You will process and analyze the test data from factory and lab and provide feedback to internal and external teams. You will participate failure analysis of issues to discover and isolate root causes and improve design and process. - Our team does occasionally travel domestically and oversees so that we are able to work alongside our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent