Sr. Program Manager - Partner Onboarding
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 30, 2020
Role Number: 200181149
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. You will play a meaningful role within the Product Ops team leading partner enablement and onboarding efforts across all of Apple product lines. This person would contribute to a wide range of activities including leading manufacturing and logistics partner integration projects in coordination with various regional teams. These projects contribute to the overall diversification of the Apple supply chain. This person would play a critical roll in the rollout of Apple's next generation Partner Integration and Collaboration platform. Prior hands-on manufacturing/supply chain in the electronics industry and/or supply chain consulting experience with Big 4 firms is required. Experience in managing suppliers and partners in Asia in an outsourced supply chain model is also required. Knowledge of enterprise software and specifically in integration technologies (e.g. EDI, API WebServices, etc) is preferred. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese or other Asian languages would be a big plus.
- Deep understanding of supply chain processes in the electronics industry - design, manufacturing, logistics, after-sale service
- Experience in cross-functional portfolio and program management and delivery to the level that they can set standards, propose policy, and coach others
- Technical understanding of enterprise software and especially integration technologies such as EDI, API Web-services, FTP, web portals
- The ability to facilitate global projects and to align business and technical teams
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
- Solid ability to personally deliver large scale initiatives under pressure, with high levels of complexity and ambiguity
The Partner Enablement team within the WW BPR Product Ops group serves as a support entity for the business process and system integration of manufacturing and logistics partners across all of Apple's Line of Businesses (LOBs). The team works with the business side to develop, maintain and execute a partner onboarding roadmap that impacts existing and new product lines. Providing this support entails global project management and coordination of efforts across all regions. The team's key responsibilities include:
Managing complex large scale projects involving several corporate and regional resources across 3 continents.
Aligning World Wide and Regional teams to ensure onboarding process and technical requirements fulfill the needs of the various Apple constituencies across the globe
Working closely with Apple's IS&T to ensure technical delivery of the designed solution from development to testing to cutover and support.
You may be called on to step into a critical program delivery role under pressure for a short window of time to assure the delivery of highly visible cross functional programs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (Master preferred) in Industrial Engineering, or related field (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
- Passionate about manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics and driven to bring innovative solutions to challenging global supply chain collaboration models.
- Ability to operate independently with conviction and drive teams to the right levels of quality in delivery even under pressure.
- Handle ambiguity in problem definition, have a good handle on business value and have the initiative to craft problems and projects so that they deliver maximum impact.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.