Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200183570
The Xcode Debugger team is looking for an engineer to work on Xcode's debugging capabilities, including memory graph and view debugging. We are looking for an engineer to join our efforts in providing great debugging tools to the community of developers inside and outside Apple. As the saying goes, "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place". Your work on our team will help countless developers be more productive and ship best in class apps for Apple platforms, current and to come. Far more than any specific experience or skill, we are looking for engineers who want to build great software, learn and develop their skills, and ultimately enable others to develop amazing applications.
- Proficiency in Object C, Swift and C/C++ development
- Strong background in the fundamentals of desktop and mobile operating systems
- Familiarity with iOS and macOS app development is a strong plus
- Aptitude and passion for designing intuitive workflows in developer tools
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Positive and respectful attitude in a diverse environment
In this position, you will work on the core components of the Xcode debugging experience. Your work will have an impact on the tools and workflows used by developers every day to launch, debug, test, and analyze the software that they build for Apple platforms. You will have the opportunity to shape Xcode's deep integration throughout the software stack, all the way from low level infrastructure such as memory allocators, all the way to the higher level components such as the user interface and art work that developers directly interact with on a daily basis. This role comes with opportunity and responsibility to be a strong advocate for our customers and developers. You will join a team based in Cupertino, California. You will get to work closely with the larger developer tools organization colocated with us.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- If possible, we'd love to see an example of your relevant work, such as a personal project or open source contribution