Location: 6210-Clifton Park Main Yard
TRUCKING OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Clifton Park, New York
Are You Ready to embrace Servant Leadership as an Operations Supervisor?
We are currently seeking an experienced and energeticÂ Operations SupervisorÂ with strong safety and leadership qualities to lead our team. County Waste provides residential, commercial, yard waste, and roll off waste removal services. As an Operations Manager you will be held accountable to creating a safe & fun work environment while managing the overall daily operations.
The Key responsibilities include creating a culture of safety, supporting supervisors, dispatchers, deliver drivers, management of daily operations, staffing, route planning, budgeting, and providing excellent customer service.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) â" We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 43 states and 6 Canadian Provinces.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps develop and execute safety goals.
- Monitors progress of daily operations for drivers and make staffing and routing changes as necessary.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures
- Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collections programs.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans with the District Manager
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets labor and material costs are met
- Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, DOT, OSHA, and local permitting.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
OPERATIONS MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous operations experience in the Trash Industry required
- 2 or more years of managing in a people driven environment
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA guidelines
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel/Word and the ability to learn and use company specialized applications
- Must be detail oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks
- Class B CDL or the ability to obtain one within 90 days
- Bachelorâs Degree preferred
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve. This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our employees.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)