Are you an experienced Safety Professional with experience working in a pharma environment? If so this opportunity is for you!
Sodexo Corporate Services seeks a qualified Safety & Health Manager to support a pharma client in Oceanside, CA or La Verne, CA with strong experience in training, coaching, and client relations skills. Reporting to the Corporate Services HSE Director, you will be the lead manager for the safety program and culture in an industrial and office environment for multiple client sites (4-6 sites). This will require knowledge of site specific, OSHA, and CalOSHA requirements. Other duties include training of staff, overseeing work, proactive evaluation of potential hazards, thorough reporting and safety communications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review unit specific policies and procedures for controlling occupational health, safety, and environmental hazards that come under Federal, State, and local regulations (e.g., Control of Hazardous Energy;
- Permit Required Confined Space Identification and Entry, Asbestos, Lead, Right to Know (GHS), Fall Prevention, Slips/Trips/Falls, Storm Water, etc.).
- Measure the effectiveness of Operational Excellence / HS&E strategies and programs in a fact based and objective manner.
- Complete Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental audits.
- Recommend, justify, implement, and manage safety devices, equipment, and/or products that help protect employees and customers and mitigate losses.
- Attain assigned objectives such as Employee Injury Frequency, Serious Injury Frequency, and other objectives as assigned.
- Advise the Account Director of any field observations that expose Sodexo to potential liabilities.
- Manage Sodexo's client based Operational Excellence, occupational health, safety and environmental programs under the direction of the Division’s guidance.
- Serve as liaison to external professional organizations and regulatory groups.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff involved in performing audit work.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Analyze chemicals in the workplace and take action to reduce hazardous materials exposure (e.g., replace hazardous chemicals with safer chemicals) and improve sustainability.
- Provide full support and take direction, as required, by the Corporate Services’ HSE Director.
- Provide safety management/accident prevention assistance to all applicable Client units.
- Produce HS&E progress reports as required to meet the HS&E objectives of the division.
- Conduct business statistical analyses on accidents, including frequency of occurrence and types and length of training.
- Provide in-house consulting (e.g., guidance and direction; serve as a resource; focus on accident prevention and risk mitigation) during Federal or State OSHA, EPA, DOT, EPA, fire marshal inspections, all HS&E investigations or complaints.
- Train and educate employees, as necessary and required, on HS&E topics.
- Track accident cause and injury type trends and facilitate remedial action(s).
- Communicate HS&E information to key management as directed.
- Conduct routine on-site HS&E inspections and implement corrective action plans.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Key member of local leadership team managing all Quality Assurance, Food, Physical and or Environmental Safety Programs for a specific portfolio of business at multiple locations associated with a global account portfolio. Provides HS&E expertise on new account due diligence; transition and stabilization phases. Initiate plans and manages resources to ensure efficient and cost-effective strategies for occupational health, safety and environmental performance, in addition to partnering with leadership to instil an operational excellence culture.