Sodexo is seeking a Business Improvement Manager to join our Industrial Engineering Team!
The Business Improvement Manager will be a primary resource of lean expertise for the Sodexo NORAM Healthcare service operations and will lead cross-functional teams through the implementation of Lean and other business improvement initiatives. This position will be based out of a virtual office and will require travel 70-80% of the time.
This role will be responsible for leading change, training, coaching, and mentoring Operations managers to adopt continuous improvement programs and methods at their sites. This role will be critical in the development, deployment and maintenance of engineered labor standards. The Manager, BI will also identify, train, coach, develop process change agents, direct reports as well as high potential future leaders.
The successful candidate will:
Deploy Business Improvement & Process Change Initiatives
- Develop an operational understanding of all relevant current state processes as well as client priorities at assigned locations ensuring solution fit for purpose.
- Manage deployment of business improvement initiatives in a quality and timely manner to ensure ROI targets are achieved.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain engineered labor standards at assigned locations.
- Assist in training operations staff on Lean Principles such as work sampling, root cause analysis, and corrective action plans.
- Manage annual budget for the team as well as making sure all projects are executed on time, on budget with expected result and ROI.
- Provide budget guidance to Healthcare Operations teams regarding disruption, loss of productivity costs, and start
- up costs as it relates to projects.
Orchestrate and Lead Change Initiatives
- Understand national and global operational strategy as well as specific client needs in assigned area and funnel innovation and opportunity requests to IE director.
- Utilize appropriate continuous improvement and project management techniques to develop solutions for assigned projects.
- Effectively utilize the IE Business Improvement model to filter, scope, and prioritize change initiatives ensuring both a cohesive national strategy and key local needs are met.
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal and client key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of quality, sustainable changes
- Identify high potential associates within the organization and recruit, coach, mentor them in leading and implementing change initiatives.
- Lead a culture of continuous learning and development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are:
- Leadership, emotional intelligence
- Continuous improvement, creative problem solving
- Industrial engineering
- Project management / strong organizational skills
- Operations management
- Training and coaching
- Data and statistical analysis, technical proficiency: Enterprise Resource Planning systems, databases, advanced Microsoft Excel
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years basic management experience
- 7 to 10 years work experience with process improvement projects and/or project management
5 to 7 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services, CTM, or Clinical Nutrition
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization. Has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or function. Support segments’ analytical, reporting and administrative needs including, but not limited to, business review preparation, standard reporting, ad-hoc analysis, financial close support and budget/forecast review/processing. Individuals will work very closely with other segment specialists to drive standardization in the COEs creating an environment that encourages knowledge sharing and the development of transferable skills allowing for ease of transition between segments. Partner with Master Data Management (MDM) and Reporting Standardization team to identify and prioritize key financial data points, converting appropriate analysis into standardized enterprise views (i.e. dashboards, reports, etc.) Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. May lead functional teams or projects. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement.