Vibration and Acoustics Engineer, Product Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Aug 5, 2020
Role Number: 200184647
You will be working in a Product Development environment in a truly cross-functional team delivering world-leading structure dynamics / acoustics results for Apple products.
- Experienced performing analyses or developing analytical methods in support of design
- Deep understanding of finite element modeling of structural dynamics / vibro-acoustic problems
- Comfortable with the following concepts:
- Forced and free vibration, modal superposition
- Relation between bending waves and vibration modes
- Fluid-structure interaction / sound radiation from vibrating structures
- Modal-based approach to describe sound fields
- Modeling of sound absorbing materials
- Validation of Finite Element models against vibration / acoustics test data
- Familiarity with instrumentation and vibration/acoustics testing is desired
- Must have outstanding verbal and visual communication skills
- Must have ability to deal with an incredibly fast paced environment
- Must have a passion for creating innovative, high quality products
- Must be capable and comfortable establishing best practices and contributing to the creation of an outstanding team
As a member of the Apple Product Design team, you will be responsible for developing and practicing numerical analysis and/or testing related to acoustics and vibration. You will be fully integrated with the Product Design engineers from the earliest stages, analyzing and informing the design, as well as setting vibration and acoustic performance targets. You will also work with teams within Apple and with outside vendors to develop and perform tests to validate your analyses.
Education & Experience
Minimum BS in Mechanical of Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent degree.