Lead Electrical Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Aug 6, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200184876
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow's challenges.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Expertise in mobile electrical system architect and design
- Broad experience with analog/digital circuits, e.g. signal conditioning, low noise power supply, high-speed and serial control interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of substrate, flex and PCB, for material selection, stack-up planning, EMI minimization, signal integrity and power delivery.
- Comfort and ability to use all types of electronics test equipments, e.g. oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, VNA, etc.
- Capable of managing various projects in parallel
- A great teammate
In this role, you will work closely with x-functional teams to architect, design and integrate camera sub-systems into future Apple products. The position requires the ability for precise detail design work as well as high level system understanding. In addition, excellent communication and leadership skills are essential, to be capable of working in a fast paced environment. Investigate forward-looking technologies, features, silicons and packages for camera sub-system. Drive camera electrical architecture, interface and power delivery. Prototyping and module design, bring up and performance characterization. Schematic creation, including image sensor, power supplies, AF/OIS driver, and high-speed interfaces. Supervise and review layout design for substrate, flex and PCB. Collaborate with x-functional teams to ensure good implementation for system integration.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent.
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor, ISP or image processing is highly desirable.
- Experience in using Matlab, JMP or other simulation & data analysis tools is a big plus.
- Occasional travel will be required.