Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 2 - Multi-Service for Bayonne Medical Center a 278 bed acute-care facility. As a Multi-Service GM you will be responsible for all aspects of the following (including but not limited to) Operational Budgets (Sodexo & Client) and high quality client and stakeholder communications. Holding yourself and others accountable for quality assurance inspections, all regulatory compliance, staff training, payroll, scheduling, rounding, patient / customer satisfaction, and leading the Food and Nutrition and Environmental Services Departments. Linen Services and Patient Transport is included. Understanding digital platforms in both retail, clinical and ES is preferred.
The senior leader and single-point-of contact for the client and all hospital department heads will require independent thinking who understands how to leverage resources and expertise both internal and external to the unit from the Operational Excellence and district support teams.
Experience in a union environment is preferred. The successful candidate will oversee a total staff of 75 employees. Additional responsibilities will include strategic planning, training and development of hourly and management team that is adapting to Covid. Establishing and maintaining a positive Client relationship and a highly impactful employee engagement standard will facilitate excellent outcomes.
Since opening its doors more than a century ago, it has provided quality, comprehensive, community-based health care services to more than 70,000 people annually Strong patient satisfaction and customer satisfaction skills a must Important to be strong in technical delivery of Sodexo Systems. Would you like to have the opportunity to improve the quality of daily life for our patients and staff? If so, Sodexo would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have at least 4 years Food and or Environmental Services management experience on a senior level, a strong financial acumen, the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service. Prior health-care experience would be a plus in this role.
In Sodexo, patients and residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team with this opportunity
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is between $5 and $10 million in managed volume.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention