DevOps Engineer- Claris
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 8, 2020
Role Number: 200185151
Claris (formerly FileMaker, Inc.) a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Claris don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Claris, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Claris, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Claris, a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated developer who will be part of a small, dynamic, DevOps team located in Santa Clara, CA.
- Job Duties:
- Build and automate software delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and integrate with unit and smoke tests.
- Set up various environments in public cloud utilizing applicable Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Follow Apple Information Security requirements to engineer solutions in order to stay compliant in public cloud.
- Automate environment setup and verification including application specific software and components.
- Design and implement infrastructure and web application monitoring and respond to incidents.
- Work with Customer Support, QA, Development, Product Management and multi-functional teams to help with customer issues investigation and resolution.
- Work with Engineering teams to migration/upgrade applications and data due to enhancements in infrastructure.
- Work on-call shifts to respond to security and infrastructure incidents to ensure there is no service interruption.
- Understand web-based security and help to design and implement solutions to prevent and catch attacks.
- Lead DevOps project through brainstorming, design, implementation, and test phases to deliver effective solutions.
- Report status, conduct demos, share knowledge, and help team members with workload.
- Mentor junior team members on design, processes, methodologies, quality, and sustainability.
- Provide thought and technical leadership to innovate tool development, automation, and leading-edge technology adoption.
Good organizational skills to follow up with tasks and action items. Dedicated, innovative, accountable, and willing to take challenges and risks. Collaborative and thorough with attention to details. Bachelor's degree of Computer Science or equivalent, preferably master's degree. 7+ years of relevant experience in Development, CloudOps, DevOps, or IT area. 4+ year of public cloud working experience. AWS or GCP certificate a plus. Languages: Python, Unix shell scripts, Java Script, GoLang, HTML, CSS. Security: Public Key Cryptography, encryption, and Certificates. OS: Linux and Windows. DevOps: Jenkins, Kubernetes, No-SQL DB.
Education & Experience
A graduate or undergraduate degree in these desired majors: CS, CE, ECE, EECS, IS, IT, MIS, MS&E, and other related fields of study.